The City of Mentor has established the Small Business Restart Program to assist small businesses closed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic that intend to reopen upon the lifting of applicable government restrictions. A total of $200,000 in Grant Funds will be provided through the City of Mentor’s Community Development Block Grant Funds.
- $500 maximum reimbursement for rent or mortgage payments made on or after May 1, 2020.
These criteria fall in line with HUD-requirements and the City’s Community Development Block grant (CDBG) Comprehensive Plan.
- Business must have less than 25 employees;
- Must be a non-franchise, independently owned and operated;
- Is doing business at a “bricks and mortar” facility in the city (home-based businesses not eligible);
- Was closed and unable to conduct any business activity as a result of a required government order;
- Was at no time in violation of that government order;
- Is not in default or currently delinquent on any loan provided through the Mentor Economic Assistance Corporation;
- Reopens for business; and remains open for no less a time period than the period which the payment requested for reimbursement was made.
- Application is to be made through the City of Mentor Economic Development Department.
- Applications will be reviewed, verified and funds distributed on a first-come, first-served basis with applications able to be submitted via email on Monday, May 4, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. or later. Applications made earlier than that time will not be accepted.
- Applications must be complete, including documented evidence of rent or mortgage payments made on or after May 1, 2020 which may include, but not limited to, a paid invoice or cancelled check as well as a current occupancy or re occupancy permit.
Upon completion, submit to:
Department of Planning and Development