City of Mentor – Ashfield District Council Partnership
After a couple years of discussion, the City of Mentor and the Ashfield District Council adopted an agreement to promote an “enterprise bridge” between both communities in late Summer 2023. The “enterprise bridge” is similar to an economic twinning, and provides a direct link for Ashfield businesses wishing to explore opportunites in the US market, and Mentor companies looking to explore opportunities in the UK.
MENTOR, OHIO USA
The City of Mentor is a manufacturing leader in the state of Ohio with a strong concentration of research and development, engineering, and metalworking companies serving the advanced manufacturing, aerospace, polymer, and biomedical industry clusters. Nearly 300 manufacturers have chosen Mentor as their home.
A Strategic Location Where Global Companies Succeed
- Direct access to multiple major interstate highways, national railways, international and general aviation airports
- 30 kilometers from the deep water Port of Cleveland, Ohio, which handles over 13 million tons of containerized and uncontainerized cargo annually and offers an express route to Europe connecting the Great Lakes to the Port of Antwerp
- Located within 800 kilometers of 50% of the US population
- Direct access to USMCA Trade Partners
- Foreign Trade Zone designation
- Significant monetary incentives for direct investment and job creation
- Attractive and safe community on shores of Lake Erie consistently voted as one of the “Best Places to Live in America”
We invite you to learn more about what Mentor has to offer.